* Drink 2-3 litres of water a day and enjoy herbal teas too. The body metabolises fat better in an hydrated state.
*Eat organic or home grown where possible, source grass fed animal products.
* Load up on your cruciferous vegetables, lots of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels, kale, bok choy etc. They contain indol-3-carbinol which assists in fat loss.
* Cut out wheat/gluten and the gluten free substitutes too. See the difference it will make to your health!
* Remove processed foods and drinks from your diet. Know what's in your food, cook from scratch!
* Do not eat fake sugars, there are many bad sweeteners such as aspartame and saccharin. Theses sugars have a poor affect on brain health.
* Do not eat fake butters such as low fat spreads or butter alternatives.
*Cook with coconut oil.
* Eat lean protein like chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, beef, lamb. Protein is proven to satisfy your hunger longer.
* Step away from dairy/lactose, try unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
* If you eat soy, only eat fermented soy. Yet, if you eat soy and struggle with fat loss, cut it out! The estrogens in soy confuse the body's hormones. Soy lecithin (protein) is known to be untolerable for many. Bean lectin (protein) also causes symptoms of intolerance for many.
* See great results when you are no longer eating starchy carbs like bread, pasta, rice etc. Seek your carbs from vegetables and a controlled amount of fruit.
*Eat colourful, fresh foods which are full of valuable vitamins and minerals!
*Vitamin D is important for health, low Vit D levels in many of us are now very common contributing to many health problems. A Vit D3 supplement taken with Vit K2 can improve Vit D levels dramatically. For a natural source enjoy moderate sunshine and additionally source Vit D from foods rich it such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, eggs and mushrooms. Its the happy vitamin :-)